Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

(22F) (21M) I yelled at my boyfriend for an incident that was not his fault in front of his friends and he is not talking to me

Last weekend my boyfriend and I went to the mountains with a couple of friends and rented an Airbnb. My boyfriend was in charge of cooking for the four days we were there and on the second day he made spaghetti with a meat sauce. I lack an enzyme that can process meat so I get a painful stomach ache and my boyfriend knows this so he put a bowl of spaghetti out for me before he included the meat.

When we sat down to eat I noticed my food tasted different but kept eating until I got a weird feeling in my stomach and suddenly I ran to the bathroom and started throwing up. My sweet boyfriend followed me and held my air up until I finished. After I composed myself he asked what was wrong and I started yelling at him asking why he is always so neglectful of my health and how he needs to start caring about me. I chewed him out in front of our friends and said some really hurtful things about him for about five minutes. I am known to have a quick temper and it was on full display that night. I have been trying to work on it but I still have a long way to go. None of the things I said were true of course. My boyfriend always puts my best interests first and has never put me in any danger while we have been together.

After I finished screaming my boyfriend didn’t say anything and just walked out the front door. My best friend asked what happened and I reminded her how I can’t eat meat and how the spaghetti I ate included beef. One of his friends asked me if the black bowl on the counter was mine to which I said yes and he said that bowl did not have any meat in it and he accidentally added it to the pot of spaghetti.

I realized I made a huge mistake and ran to find my boyfriend who was walking on the side of the road. I tried apologizing to him but he refused to listen to me and said I crossed a major line with him. He said he has put up with my temper for two and a half years but he is sick of always walking on eggshells around me trying not to set me off and yelling at him over spaghetti in front of his friends and my friends was embarrassing for both of us and it is an issue he might not be able to overlook. He started crying and said he wants to be with me but incidents like this make him question if I am the person he wants to be with for the rest of his life. My refusal to take accountability for my actions is driving him crazy and he told me to leave him alone.

I walked back to the house and stayed in our room waiting for him to come back but he slept in his car and we ended up leaving a day early. He said nothing to me on the ride back and all week long he has barely said a word to me. I know I messed up big time and I don’t know how I can make it up to him. He is the nicest and most patient boy in the world and I really hurt him.

TD;LR: I yelled at my boyfriend over an incident that was not his fault. He said this might be the last straw for him and to leave him alone. He has barely spoken to me this week despite me apologizing constantly.



Submitted March 09, 2023 at 08:52PM by rhruufrbifkwmwkffi https://ift.tt/RxfcTtM
(22F) (21M) I yelled at my boyfriend for an incident that was not his fault in front of his friends and he is not talking to me (22F) (21M) I yelled at my boyfriend for an incident that was not his fault in front of his friends and he is not talking to me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 10, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.