Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Bf has cancer but is doing alright for now. He has stopped caring about my day, life, problems. Am I wrong to be upset?

My BF and I have been together a year. We met when he was a good place with his health (he was diagnosed with stomach cancer 2 years before) and he totally love bombed me. I fell head over heels for him. Starting around April, his health started to go down hill. He has had endless doctor appointments, lost energy, and has a hard time eating. He is also quick to anger. I try to be as supportive as I can, and I do not want to cause him anymore stress. However, we don't live together and he has shut me out to some degree. Sometimes he doesn't return calls and when we do call or text, 95% of the time he only wants to talk about his health. He rarely asks about my day or anything about my life.

I do not want to bring this up with him. How could I? I am the healthy one and he has his hands full with his health. However, I can't help but feel that I don't exist in this relationship anymore. He does not want any intimacy whatsoever (no kissing, handholding, sex, etc). I feel more like a sounding board than anything, and I am okay with that, but right now the affection is going one way only - me to him. He has been like this for several months now, since the summer. It's almost feels like he is sucking the life out of me.

Our relationship is still new. I intend on sticking with him and supporting him through this. But how do I reconcile that my own needs aren't being met? I'd like to hear from people who have been through this and how you handled this.

TL;DR - BF is battling cancer and doesn’t care about anything happening in my life. I am completely supportive of him but I can’t help but feel neglected. Should I bring this up with him?



Submitted December 02, 2021 at 09:27PM by Potato_knish123 https://ift.tt/31gQh2c
Bf has cancer but is doing alright for now. He has stopped caring about my day, life, problems. Am I wrong to be upset? Bf has cancer but is doing alright for now. He has stopped caring about my day, life, problems. Am I wrong to be upset? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 03, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.