Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24F) boyfriend (27M) keeps constantly saying 'vibe check' and it is seriously negatively effecting my fucking 'vibe'

Hello. My boyfriend spends a lot of time on the computer, obviously, and his mind honestly sometimes seems like a permeable vessel for whatever language he picks up on there. This is sometimes sweet and endearing, but here it is not.

I'm not really sure when people started saying 'vibe check', but my boyfriend started saying it about two weeks or so ago, and has since been saying it an unbearable amount. Three weeks ago we moved in together (honestly more out of convenience for him than from any grand romantic gesture), and for two of these weeks 'vibe check' has been the first thing he has said to me in the morning, and generally the last thing he says to me before bed. I think this is made weirder by his tone of voice: it is spoken with a genuine sincerity and gentleness, as you might expect from a loving 'good morning', or 'sweet dreams'.

Two days ago I was going through a bit of a crisis. Without going into too much irrelevant detail, two of my family members are quite seriously ill. When I came back home from the hospital, visibly having cried and still shaking, his first response to seeing me is, as you might guess, 'vibe check?'. Again, this was seemingly spoken entirely in earnest, and with a recognisable sadness in his voice from seeing me clearly upset. He just seems to think that 'vibe check' is a sufficient replacement for any kind of emotional language, without understand how this appears. He has always been very emotionally unavailable, and I have come to terms with that, but I just find it incredibly fucking annoying to keep hearing him say 'vibe check', especially in ostensibly tender moments.

Am I being unreasonable here? Is this normal behaviour? How can I speak to him about this?

TL;DR - My boyfriend keeps saying vibe check instead of making sincere attempts to understand my feelings. What is to be done?



Submitted November 09, 2019 at 01:17PM by dontcheckmyvibe https://ift.tt/2qzqlvZ
My (24F) boyfriend (27M) keeps constantly saying 'vibe check' and it is seriously negatively effecting my fucking 'vibe' My (24F) boyfriend (27M) keeps constantly saying 'vibe check' and it is seriously negatively effecting my fucking 'vibe' Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 09, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.