Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Is it ok to tell my partner something isn't up for debate?

We've been together 1 year. We're both 22. I'm not including genders because it doesn't affect anything.

I'm willing to discuss most things, but my partner keeps insisting I need to feed my cats dry food instead of wet food. I pay for the food, I had these cats before we were together, and I spent two months researching how to feed them before I adopted them. Usually I'll listen to my partner's points and then give mine, but I'm tired of this argument. I'm not going to change how I feed them unless my vet recommends it. It doesn't affect my partner anyways. We can easily afford mid quality wet food. We started this debate again last night after one of the cats jumped on the counter. My partner said it's because the wet food is too good and makes them too excited. I started explaining my points again, but gave up and said, "Well, that's too bad. I'm not changing how I feed them. This isn't up for debate." That didn't go over well. I'm willing to discuss most things, especially things that affect both of us, but can I not put this one thing off limits?

TL;DR Tired of debating something that doesn't affect my partner.



Submitted September 29, 2021 at 07:02AM by drum_minor16 https://ift.tt/39OsVkV
Is it ok to tell my partner something isn't up for debate? Is it ok to tell my partner something isn't up for debate? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.