Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My parents (56 M and 52 F) traveled abroad for my mom to get treatment and my brother (26 M) refuses to help me (24 F) and my sister (17 F) with any chores around the house and expects us to treat him like mom. I work full time and sister is a high school student trying to get into a good university

My mom got diagnosed with cancer a few months ago and she had to go aborad with my dad to get treatment. Now it's my sister and I who are mainly staying at home. My brother lives next to his job but only works 4 days a week and spends 3 days with us at home. I work full time from home and my sister is in high school and has online classes. When he's not around me and my sister split the chores, not exactly 50/50 but we each try to do our best, and try to be easy on each other as our mom illness is already so difficult for us. Our brother came back today, and I specifically made a meal that I know he likes so we can enjoy a nice lunch together, after we finished eating, I asked him to wash the dishes, he refused. Me and my sister told him a few times but he is trying to ignore us knowing that we will end up washing it instead of him (like my mother used to always do). I've already made lunch and my sister is doing laundry and I thought that he would be much more willing to give a hand, but him acting this way is really pissing me off.

Not only that, he doesn't have a washing machine at his place, so he brings the laundry and put it in the basket for my mom to wash. I'm not so willing to do that when he's acting like this. The issue now is that I don't want to talk to my parents about it as they are already having a tough time and they already feel so bad about leaving us.Also, he doesn't contribute with any of his own money to our spending, he doesn't need to at all but I think this is an important point. My parents left us money and I use my own money to eat out, go shopping with my sister etc. This is our first week alone, and this won't be a short term situation. I left the dishes in the sink not sure what to do next. How do I deal with him if everytime we try to resonate with him he acts like a child? Should I talk to my parents about it or is it too much stress for them?

TL;DR: My mom has cancer and left with dad to another country, I'm emotionally drained and my older brother expects me and my sister to do everything around the house even though I work full time (more hours than him but at home) and my sister is extremely busy with high school. He's not responsible for spending on the household either.



Submitted September 26, 2021 at 05:56AM by SneakyPharaoh https://ift.tt/3o9y5k3
My parents (56 M and 52 F) traveled abroad for my mom to get treatment and my brother (26 M) refuses to help me (24 F) and my sister (17 F) with any chores around the house and expects us to treat him like mom. I work full time and sister is a high school student trying to get into a good university My parents (56 M and 52 F) traveled abroad for my mom to get treatment and my brother (26 M) refuses to help me (24 F) and my sister (17 F) with any chores around the house and expects us to treat him like mom. I work full time and sister is a high school student trying to get into a good university Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 26, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.