Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

BF (27) discovered his parents have an open marriage and is now doubting the whole institution

My BF and I 27F have been together 5 years. Now that a lot of our friend group has started to get engaged and married we've been talking about it more. He had been alluding to getting engaged on a trip we have planned in December where my whole family will be there.

Then a few weeks ago he thought he discovered his Dad in an affair to which he told his mom about. Well turns out they have an open marriage due to his mom's low libido. Apparently they had a dead bedroom for years until they opened things up. Obviously this is something they never wanted to share with their son but they came clean rather than have him believe his dad was just cheating.

This has been quite the mind fuck for him. He seems kinda lost and has made comments about how his whole perception of his parents and marriage as a whole has changed. Now whenever the topic of us getting married comes up he acts really uncomfortable and changes the subject. This past weekend after a night of drinking he admitted he doesn't even know if he sees marriage in his future anymore. I dont know what to do. I love him and want to be with him forever but marriage is 100% my intention. I have no desire to forever be BF&GF. I want to be sympathetic to whats going on with him as Im sure its hard but at the same time, I dont think its fair for it to change our plans. I don't want to make an ultimatum right now. but at the same time, if marriage was 100% ruled out, I would leave him. He hasn't quite said that, only expressed doubt in the institution so I don't want to sat that explicitly just yet, but I also dont want to waste the rest of my 20s with someone if there's no future. What should I do?

TL;DR: BF found out his parents marriage is open, now is doubting the whole institution.



Submitted September 28, 2021 at 08:55AM by throwra57ha https://ift.tt/3COyBru
BF (27) discovered his parents have an open marriage and is now doubting the whole institution BF (27) discovered his parents have an open marriage and is now doubting the whole institution Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.