Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

[UPDATE]: My coworker (29f) is upset with me (34f) over some advice I gave her and now im worried about the repercussions.

[ORIGINAL POST](https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/pt5p8g/my_coworker_29f_is_upset_with_me_34f_over_some/a )

First of all, I want to thank those who commented and Direct messaged me with such concern and great advice. I honestly wasn't expecting this much traffic when it came to my original post. So thank you all again for the insightful advice and cares.

I do want to clear some things up; I want to note that my supervisor DID NOT ask me to talk to Sandra about the current situation, nor did she instigate getting me involved to help the company build a case against her. My responsibility in this drama was solely based on me wanting to help Sandra. I sought out my supervisor on MY OWN WILL after the altercation, to display my concern in regards to Sandras behavior. I hate to say it now, but my original intent in this was in hopes to elevate any potential repercussions to Sandra by justifying her (with her personal problems). It was then that my supervisor SUGGESTED that I could try and speak with her and maybe give her some tips on how to successfully avoid potential problematic situations with other employee's that she chooses to not engage with, yet still get her point across nicely. The suggestion was only based on me wanting to help Sandra as my friend within the work place. the decision to speak with Sandra was my own choice.

Its been almost two weeks, and Sandra and I are not communicating still at all....which im honestly okay with considering how this all went down. I understand that Sandra may be going through some personal problems, a potential mental break down, and most likely on the verge of being terminated. But that shouldn't be my priority. It is not my responsibility to help this adult get her act together. I see her for what she is now, which is now toxic to me in the work place and to me mentally. I furthermore do not wish to rekindle the friendship, nor do I miss the friendship for what I THOUGHT it was.

Some updates: Throughout the week, I've caught her speaking to other employees secretly and in side context about all that transpired (true or not, I don't know), as I've chosen to remove myself from the situation completely by NOT talking/answering any questions that other coworkers have in regards to the "Silent treatment" between her and I. I just find that its best to let her exploit herself in the work place, therefore helping the company further their case against her. Tonight however, she had chosen to initiate some small talk with me as it was coming close for a ride home. I chose not to engage, but politely put her off. Turns out, at the end of the night, she had fanangled a ride home from one of the coworkers that she has so generously and consistently bullies. If that isn't toxic behavior that I don't want to engage in/with, then I don't know what it is.

TL;DR: update from post. Please read original post for details. Letting go of a toxic workplace friend.



Submitted September 26, 2021 at 04:36AM by withoutme6767 https://ift.tt/3oaa0JW
[UPDATE]: My coworker (29f) is upset with me (34f) over some advice I gave her and now im worried about the repercussions. [UPDATE]: My coworker (29f) is upset with me (34f) over some advice I gave her and now im worried about the repercussions. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 26, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.