Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Help me say "NO, not again" to a neighbor

I (F66) live in a friendly townhome community with people of various ages, but most are over 60 yrs old. One neighbor, Carol (F70), is (consistently) asking me for computer/printer help. Now, I am not in any way a tech expert but I will say I'm better at figuring this stuff out than most people of my age, lol. She has had me come over to her home to "reset" her printer (that keeps going offline and won't stay connected to her WiFi) twice in the past year. On those 2 separate occasions, I have spent over an hour at her home trying to make this thing work. I was successful both times so she thinks I can "fix" it again. And now I hear via her best friend (my next-door neighbor) that she's going to ask me once again to "help." I don't want to help. I have trouble setting boundaries, and I know that "No" is a complete sentence but I feel like I need an excuse as to WHY I can't/won't help her again. Ideas? Please, help me find gentle words to not help her again.

TL;dr get me out of doing a repeat favor for a neighbor



Submitted September 30, 2021 at 05:09AM by mamacat49 https://ift.tt/39PSRgb
Help me say "NO, not again" to a neighbor Help me say "NO, not again" to a neighbor Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.