Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (M22) brought up the idea of a promise ring with my boyfriend (M26) and feel absolutely humiliated.

Basically, the idea of promise rings seemed sweet to me. I didn't know much about them before I found out about them which was recently, but after I found out about them I brought them up to my boyfriend who was very indifferent about it. He asked me "What was the point?". And I didn't really have a clear answer other than them being a pre-engagement ring. He told me he couldn't think of an answer, but then later texted me saying that he has no issue being 100% Monogamous with me, and that he's not interested in anyone else, but he's not able to make a pre-engagement commitment like that. Which I can understand. I decided to see how the internet felt about promise rings and so far I've seen how they're either seen as childish or something corny teens do, and that relationships who do them typically don't last and now I feel extremely foolish. I only viewed them as rings signifying the bond we've created thus far, I didn't know how much of a childish thing they were and now I regret even bringing them up in the first place. Maybe this is me simply venting but I truly feel foolish. I feel foolish to the point where I feel like I probably look so stupid towards my boyfriend. I'm just not sure how to get over this, honestly.

TL;DR: I blindly brought up the idea of a promise ring with my boyfriend and he declined.



Submitted September 27, 2021 at 08:36PM by Coonfoon https://ift.tt/3kMhMaL
I (M22) brought up the idea of a promise ring with my boyfriend (M26) and feel absolutely humiliated. I (M22) brought up the idea of a promise ring with my boyfriend (M26) and feel absolutely humiliated. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.