Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How should I (37F) deal with dad (62M) cheating on mom (61M) with my best friend's partner (34F)?

Names changed to protect identities.

Throwaway account as I've had harassment on cryptocurrency subreddit.

My best friend Sabrina who I've known for 16 years now, has been with her girlfriend Allison for 9 years now, they've lived together since 2014.

I've been with my girlfriend Kate for 13 years now, she moved from Manhattan to be with me. We were planning to move to Los Angeles but the pandemic hit and we can't do that yet. But we want to. We're wealtyh enough to, got no kids, only a load of pet cavies.

They're a self-described "very femme lesbian couple who don't get into the LGBT scene or activism for it" and hate it if people assume one's the masculine one, one's the feminine partner.

It's a bit like that for me and Kate's relationship, we're also very feminine too, but unlike Sabrina, we do have some involvement in LGBT stuff here, not our day jobs though, but we've been involved since 2013.

I've known Sabrina since September 2004, she moved here from Oklahoma City to our part of Florida.

Recently via my cousin Maria I found out that Dad had been cheating on Mom with Sabrina; my cousin's a delivery driver, she said she'd seen Dad kissing this woman in a McDonald's car park with her sitting on the hood of a sports car. She did get a photo which she sent me.

She didn't confront my Dad but was embarrassed; she'd seen that as it was on her regular delivery route.

Maria's my best friend; I'm an only child with no siblings. Dad was very upset when Mom was told she could have no more kids; my own birth was difficult according to mom.

I told her over Skype that it was my best friend's girlfriend and she was shocked. We didn't get chance to meet up in person so talked over Skype instead.

As it is, I've told Sabrina, showed her the photo and she was crying; saying she wondered if she'd regretted 9 years of being with her and wonders what a postpandemic dating market will be like for her since she's nearly 40.

I also confronted my Dad about it, and he didn't deny it, saying "Mom's getting obese" and "She's losing her sex drive to Netflix".

But those two things are nonsense; Mom's 61, and wants to go to visit California soon, see Big Sur or do some hiking. She's always been fit.

Dad seems to want to leave Mom for Allison and they seem to want to be married?

Allison as my stepmom? Weird or sick??

Fucking upset and angry is how I feel.

I live 30 miles from mom and dad, here in Winter Park, Orlando.

Not sure how to cope withthis, thought mom and dad had a good marriage.

Looking for advice on how to support mom and my best friend. There's also the issue of me and Kate wanting to move to LA but that's still under lockdown isn't it.. when's a good time to move?


tl;dr: Dad cheated on Mom with best friend's partner of 9 years, claims Mom's obese, want to support best friend but don't know how.



Submitted August 30, 2021 at 02:09AM by thrattehokono https://ift.tt/3jtZFpb
How should I (37F) deal with dad (62M) cheating on mom (61M) with my best friend's partner (34F)? How should I (37F) deal with dad (62M) cheating on mom (61M) with my best friend's partner (34F)? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.