Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me(17) and my girlfriend(17) are in a fight about a something I didn't tell her about her best friend.

My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost a year now and I love her a lot. She beautiful and pure and caring.

Recently two of her friends were at a frat party, I'll call them (1) & (2). (2) had had too much to drink and wanted to go home so (1) arranged to get picked up by my girlfriend. When my girlfriend arrived (keep in mind it is about a 30 minute drive and its like 1am), (1) shoves (2) into the car and just says goodbye. (1) is my girlfriends best friend so naturally she was a bit irritated that (1) hadn't come with. She dropped (2) off and called me to explain the situation. She told me she would feel better if I contacted (1) to let her know that I could give her a rid if need be. (1) was a high-schooler at a frat party after all.

Eventually, I end up picking up (1) from the party but she wasn't at the party any more she had gone back to some kids dorm and hooked up with him. I took her home and went right to bed it was 5am.

Before I say the next part I have to establish some things about (1) and my GF. They are best friends but (1) has had some difficult things going on in her life lately we think has been making her make decisions like these. On the ride home, we talked about it and she recognized that she was spiraling and making poor choices.

The next morning my GF and I hang out and she asks me what happened. There are some parts of that story that were pretty funny involving random college kids that I left out when I described it here but that I told her but I left out the part that she had hooked up with a college kid. I just felt like it wasn't my place to tell her that and if (1) wanted GF to know she would tell her.

She then went home and we've been apart the rest of the day since then. I called her tonight just because I wanted to talk to her and she told me that (1) had told her about the college kid hook up. She asked me if I knew and I said yes and she was furious that I hadn't told her. I feel bad because I recognize how that must have felt to her and I apologized for that. It doesn't feel good to hurt someone you love, but she says she doesn't understand in the slightest why I didn't tell her because its her best friend and she drove all the way out there and she was worried about her. I feel like all those things are valid but are they more valid than telling her someone elses business? How was I to know that she wouldn't wake up and really regret it! And pray that no one ever found out !!

We argued about it a bit but I hardly slept last night because of the incident and she was tired and usually I don't let argument go unsettled before ending the phone call or going to bed but I am really very tired and I just don't have the mental capacity to think about it right now. Tomorrow I am going to her work before I leave for a trip and we will continue talking about it on her break.

Advice???

TLDR: I didn't tell my GF something questionable her bestfriend had done at a frat party because I didn't want to tell her something that wasn't my business. My GF is upset because she had been worried about the whole frat-party-situation and she feels like I should have told her. Advice?

EDIT: (1) was not drunk. She doesn’t drink at all. She was at a “moderate high” off weed.



Submitted August 29, 2021 at 09:12PM by bonkers_mp3 https://ift.tt/3DwiccA
Me(17) and my girlfriend(17) are in a fight about a something I didn't tell her about her best friend. Me(17) and my girlfriend(17) are in a fight about a something I didn't tell her about her best friend. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.