Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Advice Needed! Me[37M] have a loving Girlfriend[30F] with a huge debt.

Hi,

I have been falling of this girl for the past 6 months. She is really good person, kind, sweet and loving. I am 37 and she is 30. I have been working for the past 15 years straight and drive 20-year-old beater car for context to be debt-free.

I have been through a divorce which was rough mentally, financially, and every other way. I didn't think I could fall for anyone but I did.

I am very careful about money, I worked hard for it. I sacrificed trips, splurges, every inclination to do something for me so I can live a life of independence after 45. I haven't visited a single country for travel yet.

She has nearly 250K in loans most of it from student loans. Her earnings are ok. Maybe somewhere around 70-80 with the potential to reach 120-130k in 3 to 4 years. I feel if i decide to be with her, I would spend the next decade paying back 1/4 million dollars in loan with her. If we decide to have kids, I could be 50 and still paying this loan.

I really really like her. May be even love her. But i would sacrifice my work independence, travel, everything i dreamt off to be with her. I know it would be hard to find a partner like her.

But 250k loan is a lot. I feel like a jerk when i think about money vs her. But I have read here, that finance is one of top reasons apart from infidelity that people get divorced/break up over. If you have any ideas/advice. I would highly appreciate it.

TLDR: Amazing Girlfriend. 250k loan. Is it a deal-breaker?



Submitted August 30, 2021 at 08:17PM by helpneed001 https://ift.tt/2V6eepM
Advice Needed! Me[37M] have a loving Girlfriend[30F] with a huge debt. Advice Needed! Me[37M] have a loving Girlfriend[30F] with a huge debt. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 31, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.