Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My gf told me she plans to let her ex stay with her for a week.

My (25) girlfriend (31) of 6 years recently told me she plans to let her ex husband stay at her house, overnight, for 8 days while he’s in town, in part for visitation of their 2 kids. She gave me a “heads up” and said she would be “fairly busy” during this time. She claims that there is no other good option because it’s “unaffordable” for him to stay at a hotel (he makes 80k/year) and because his sister who he normally stays with has a nasty house.

I am absolutely not okay with this - and she knows it. In the past, she’s cheated on me with him. He also abused her physically and emotionally in the past and he physically abused her dog, who will also be at her house during this time she plans to let him stay. He also hates my guts and has made threats to harm me before. Previously, she agreed to keep her distance and that all visitations with the kids would be 3rd party/public places.

Here recently she and I had a rough patch, but things were getting better and we were getting back to normal, until she completely surprised me with this.

I tried to say, let’s come up with a solution that doesn’t involve him staying in the same place as you, I’m willing to work to try and find a way for him to visit the kids that we’re both happy with. I.e an airbnb, him stay with her mom instead who lives nearby and has a nice house, or her and the dog stay with me while he’s with the kids. She says no, there won’t be any compromise - she claims she’s allowing him to stay there “for the kids”. Which is the same excuse she gave in the past when she cheated with him.

TL;DR: gf inviting ex husband who used to abuse her and her dog, and who’s she’s cheated on me with in the past, to stay with her for a week. We live separately, she knows I’m not alright with it, and she previously agreed to keep distance from him. I want to end things and cut off all contact, as I feel she’s blatantly breaking boundaries that, to me, are more than reasonable given the circumstances and their past. I feel disrespected and like I’m being used. Am I justified in this? Or am I overreacting?



Submitted July 01, 2021 at 09:04PM by rescuemetoo https://ift.tt/3AnyQte
My gf told me she plans to let her ex stay with her for a week. My gf told me she plans to let her ex stay with her for a week. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 02, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.