Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [20M] fianceé’s [26F] rich parents want to gift us a house for our new baby, How could I politely decline?

My fianceé (I’ll just say F for short) and I have been together for 2 years. I’m super cool with her parents because my dad is a handyman and we have been doing work around their house for uears because we do very good work at a good price (they like to pay us more tho). I’m not rich, but our family works very hard and my parents are both from Mexico and we started from nothing.

F’s parents are millionares and they live in a 9 bedroom mansion. I’m surprised they accepted me because they are much higher class and also because I’m Latino (not trying to be rude or racist).

I am in college and work part time because F is 6 months pregnant and I have a lot of money in my savings to help support our baby. We are also planning on getting married about a year or so after the baby is born. Her parents love my family and they are too nice.

They called me to their house a few days ago to talk and they me they are going to buy their daughter and I a house for our new family we are building. They showed us a bunch of listings and told us to choose from one. They are all beautiful houses and all, but I think it’s too big of a gift for me to accept.

Also, my family/ parents have been working hard and they are barely buying a house and I feel like I woukd be takijg the easy way by accepting the gift. I did tell them I was sorry that I coukdn’t take it, but they insist and said if I don’t choose, that they’ll just pick a house for us. I feel so bad and conflicted and I’m not sure how to tell them I can’t take a gift so expensive. What should I do?

TL;DR My fiancee’sparents are millionaires and they are planning on buying F and I a house for our new baby that’s on the way.



Submitted March 01, 2020 at 12:12AM by throwaway-account-0u https://ift.tt/39cPPAp
My [20M] fianceé’s [26F] rich parents want to gift us a house for our new baby, How could I politely decline? My [20M] fianceé’s [26F] rich parents want to gift us a house for our new baby, How could I politely decline? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 01, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.