Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Traditional Asian parents(58F & 64M) about to disown me(18M) since I pierced my ears. What are the next steps I should take?

This was originally posted on personalfinance to get the financial side of it, but honestly I need any help that I can get. If I could solve this without having to cut ties with my mom, I 100% would take that route every time.

I'm an 18M currently attending Calfornia State University: Fullerton as a biology major. I got my ears pierced since I've wanted to do it for a while but obviously my parents never let me, but I totally understand why they would be mad. My mom(58F) has been the stereotypical Asian tiger mom all her life with constant arguing, being put down all the time, had a camera in my room at one point, location tracking, and honestly, due to that, I'm pretty okay with her decision to cut ties with me because I've considered cutting ties with her in the past multiple times. Obviously, this is a horrible financial decision but I'd rather make my life 20x harder on myself in this way than continue to have to run away from the house over and over or just lie in misery in my bed. My dad's better than my mom by a significant margin, but he's still quite strict as well.

At this point, I realize there's ALOT of stuff that I probably need to begin taking care of in case she ends up going through with it, which I'm 99% sure she will. So any advice for what I need to do? If not financially, then how could I try to mend this relationship with my mom? I'm pretty much at a loss.

TL;DR: Extremely traditional Asian mom is disowning me cause I pierced my ears, what the fuck do I do :c



Submitted December 04, 2019 at 12:22AM by simplyabigweiner https://ift.tt/360G6eB
Traditional Asian parents(58F & 64M) about to disown me(18M) since I pierced my ears. What are the next steps I should take? Traditional Asian parents(58F & 64M) about to disown me(18M) since I pierced my ears. What are the next steps I should take? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.