My[M21] Family Included My Sister's[F23] Boyfriend in the Christmas Card Photo But Not My Fiance[M20]?
(reposting as I forgot the tldr)
So this happened this year. Every Thanksgiving is when my family takes the family photo to go on the Christmas cards to be sent out, and it's always at least the immediate family + dad's father + mom's mother + SIL and nephew. The past two years, my older sister[F23] brought her boyfriend of the time to dinner and I can't recall for the year before but last year he was in the photo with us and thus was on the Christmas card. No one had a problem with this, including me, cause we all loved the guy.
Unfortunately they broke up, and her new boyfriend this year didn't come to Thanksgiving. My fiance[M20] however did, we got engaged this past March been together 4 years this January. It was the first time everyone in the family met them and I was happy. I also assumed my fiance would be in the family photo.
However, when we went to take the photos, my fiance stood a ways off and I offhand mentioned to my mom "What about E?" And my mom said "They'll get in the next one, this is for the Christmas card."
I didn't say anything at the time to not embarrass myself or my fiance, but it hurt that they weren't included and I imagine it hurt E as well since I had said for them to expect to be in the photo. Why would my family include my sister's boyfriend in the family Christmas card photo but not my fiance?
tl;dr my sister's boyfriend of a year or so was included in the family photo for our Christmas cards, but not my fiance who I've been with for nearly 4 years
Submitted December 15, 2019 at 11:36AM by throwawayhelp2569 https://ift.tt/2qTW6Ae


No comments:
Post a Comment