My boyfriends (M23) grandfather passed away and my boyfriend doesn't know yet. How do I help him deal with the news?
TL;DR: My boyfriends grandfather passed away and he doesn't know yet. How do I help him?
Hi everyone, need some urgent advice. My boyfriends grandfather passed away this morning and he does not know yet because he is writing a 3 hour long final exam in about half an hour. Our families are close, so my mom texted my family group chat the news. My boyfriend's sister called me to make sure I don't say anything about it to him until after his exam.
I was going to meet up with him today anyways after work, so I'm planning to be there for him right after his exam (only after I've confirmed his family has told him the news because he needs to hear it from them, not me). I know this will be EXTREMELY difficult news for him, as he was close to his grandfather and has told me how he thinks his death would destroy him.
He was planning to travel to see his grandfather (different country) right after his exams finished because his grandfather hasn't been doing well for the past month or so, but now he has already passed before my boyfriend got to talk to him one last time.
I am panicking - I'm going to see him in a couple of hours and I have no idea how to console him after he hears this news. I just want to be there for him but I don't know what I should do to help him deal with this and my heart hurts for him. On top of all this, he still has 2 exams to write this week.
Please help reddit, any advice would be appreciated.
Submitted December 11, 2019 at 11:50AM by vb22226782 https://ift.tt/35fasKv


No comments:
Post a Comment