Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

"Joke" (34M) about marrying me (31F)

We've been together for around a year and a half. He's gregarious, outgoing, and loves to joke, but sometimes he puts his foot in his mouth pretty hard. I love him and his family and we've all become very close.

His mother and sisters (28F and 30F) recently started asking me about our future plans. So he and I sat down and talked about it and we both thought this upcoming spring would be a good time to get engaged. We've looked at rings together and a few days ago he came home giddy and said he'd been looking at rings and was getting excited.

Last night, we were at a party with mutual friends and some strangers. I pulled out my phone to show one of my girlfriends a ring I really liked. He came over, saw what I was looking at, and started acting weird. He walked over to a table full of people we didn't know as well and made a joke along the lines of, "she's looking at rings, I had to run!"

I was humiliated and immediately deflated. He had reduced me to a "desperate girl" stereotype and made me question whether this is really what he wants. I'm so angry I don't even want to see him right now.

He says it was just a "joke," like the "old ball and chain" comments his dad makes. I've always found those jokes incredibly reductive and mean-spirited. I don't want a partnership that involves my partner publicly pretending to be burdened by me.

TL;DR my boyfriend started acting weird and made a "joke" that made me question how he actually feels about marriage.



Submitted December 15, 2019 at 02:21PM by ReallyAngryOtterGang https://ift.tt/2szHciX
"Joke" (34M) about marrying me (31F) "Joke" (34M) about marrying me (31F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 15, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.