Hey everyone, I posted this on r/relationshipadvice but it got removed after about 10 hours. However it sparked a lot of healthy conversations and I heard from a lot of people about their own experiences so I’m posting it again here. Because I love all the positivity that came from it.
We’ve become friends and it’s been stressing me out that I was going to miss my chance so we went for a walk and I told him how I felt about him. I stressed that I still wanted to be friends regardless of how he felt. But I wanted to be open and honest with him about how I felt.
He let me down in the best way I could’ve imagined. Acknowledging that this must be a difficult conversation for me to have. Respecting the fact that I was being open and mature. And being aware that our friendship would not be changing but he didn’t feel the same.
And I was ok. I went back to my friend group, I bought a pint of ice cream (it would have been more then one pint if things had gone worse) and I had a good laugh.
Now it’s hit me like a train, I’m devastated, I’m not even really sad, it just feels empty. My heart hurts because I really cared about this guy. And I still do care. I don’t think that things will change between us, if anything I think we will become closer friends as a result of our deep conversation. But right now it still really sucks.
I’m beating myself up because he’s done nothing wrong. He was more respectful of me and my feelings more then I would have ever imagined. So I’m also angry that I’m feeling this way. I have so much to be thankful for. And I also need to be proud of myself for taking the step and having the conversation with him in the first place.
I’d love to hear people’s opinions about this situation, right now I feel like I’m stuck in this window of time where everything is happening slow, but also very fast. Has anyone else felt like this? What are some things that I can do to keep us friends, while also taking care of myself and my own feelings about this?
Tl;dr I opened up to my crush who I’ve been friends with for about a year about how I felt about him. He let me down easy, and was respectful. But now I’m having a hard time picking myself up.
Submitted December 15, 2019 at 10:47AM by arielwillows https://ift.tt/2Elkm1l


No comments:
Post a Comment