Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

With my [29M] friend [29M]. His girlfriend does not like my girlfriend and it’s straining our friendship

My best friend (Tom) and I have been like brothers since college. We’ve previously talked almost everyday and did a lot of stuff together. Over the years, our previous girlfriends have always got on well enough to all do things together. We started dating both our current girlfriends around the same time roughly 10 months ago. We met our girlfriends separately (before the girlfriends met each other) and everything seemed cool; I liked Tom’s girlfriend and he seem to like mine.

My girlfriend (Brittany) is outgoing and friendly and always seems to make quick friends with people. His girlfriend (Marie) has also seemed nice to me the interactions we’ve had before. The first time our girlfriends met it went unexpectedly bad. You could sense from the beginning Marie just didn’t like her. During a group conversation, out of no where Marie says something completely snarky and rude to the point where Brittany was shocked and the group looked shocked. Tom said nothing so I jumped in and called her out.

I guess my problem isn’t more with Marie not liking Brittany, it’s more with my friend Tom. After their first interaction, I reached out to ask wtf happened. He never really said what the problem was or if he talked about it with Marie...kind of dismissed it. Since then Marie has been very juvenile and goes out of her way to be uncomfortably standoffish towards Brittany while Brittany always does her best to be friendly and kill her with kindness. My friend Tom acts like everything is fine and dandy and it drives me nuts that he doesn’t want to address the elephant in the room. It frankly annoys me more each time we are all together (in group settings) because it makes my girlfriend uncomfortable.

If the situation were reversed, I would let my girlfriend know that our friendship is important and she needs to suck up her feelings the few times we are together as a group. I’m not sure where to go from here.

Edit: we have never done a double date or anything like that. Our only interactions together have been at group events or gathering with other people.

TLDR: Long time friend’s girlfriend doesn’t like my girlfriend



Submitted April 03, 2019 at 07:24PM by throwawaycali0124 https://ift.tt/2TVhyx5
With my [29M] friend [29M]. His girlfriend does not like my girlfriend and it’s straining our friendship With my [29M] friend [29M]. His girlfriend does not like my girlfriend and it’s straining our friendship Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.