Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My Ex (21F) dumped me right after I (21M) moved to her country to be with her. What do I do from here?

Back in September 2018, I met my ex-girlfriend in Singapore, she was a tourist and I met her. I agreed to take her all over my country for the remainder of her time there and I did my best to be an amazing host. We exchanged numbers and she left back home for Perth, WA. Thereafter we spent almost every day talking to each other and both of our interests grew exponentially. Months later I agreed to visit her in her hometown and we spent days planning all the things we'd do together, we ended up planning a road trip towards the south of WA. I booked my flights and took that chance and met her, I stayed with her and we had an amazing time together. We took many photos together, and it was everything that a guy who's in his first relationship could expect.

Then it was time for me to head home, it was definitely emotional and difficult to leave her but I had a job back in Singapore so I flew home and she agreed that she'd come to see me next. This is where things started to change but at the time I was oblivious to it. The weeks that followed she started to grow slightly distant and my gut feeling told me something was not right but being in love you brush it off and you're naive. We started planning our next adventure together and she was still a student at a University so she couldn't afford to pay for the majority of expenses except for her flight, so I agreed to pay for the majority of her next visit which included going to restaurants, the hotel we were staying at, attractions but none of that mattered to me because I wanted the best for her and wanted her to be happy.

During that trip, I also took her to Thailand and we stayed at some fancy resort, it was an early birthday gift to her. Now I know I'm probably going to get a lot of stick for this from people and I know I should have recognized all the red flags before it was too late. She thoroughly enjoyed the trip and again we had to part ways when it was time for her to go home. Once again it was extremely difficult to let her go but we went back to being apart again. Then she gave me an ultimatum, either move to Australia and be closer or the relationship won't be able to work. I'm a 20-year-old bloke who's never been in love and I did not want to lose her so I went through the process of applying for a visa, I had to queue up at the office early to submit the applications and pay the fees etc.

I had to wait for some time and we were still talking through text and when I got my visa approved I quit my job and sold all my assets (I sold my beloved 1969 Volkswagen Beetle) that I had kept for 5 years because I needed the money. I sold and lost my best friend but I made that decision and up to this day, I still regret doing so. I took that leap and moved to Perth WA alone, I met her and this is where things became really apparent. The very first night that I stayed with her she became increasingly aggressive towards me, she told me upfront that she did not want me around her. We ended up sleeping in separate rooms and this is where everything went downhill so strap yourselves in if you're still reading this.

I stayed at her place whilst I tried to find a decent apartment, now it was extremely difficult for me to move into a good place because even though I had money, I needed references and I was a foreigner so people were reluctant to let me stay. I ended up having to move from place to place because of bad experiences with the landlords. During all of this, she was growing more and more distant and aggressive towards me, I knew something wasn't right and I immediately recognized that I made the mistake of moving countries for someone else.

I bought a car and I felt buying a cheap car was the appropriate thing to do at the start because I had to manage my expense, this is what she had to say about it. 'Why would you buy a deathtrap like that'. It was a really cool 1999 corolla seca though. She still went out with me and visited me from time to time and I spent Christmas with her family. I bought gifts for them and I was completely respectful towards her parents, in fact, I admired them because they've been married for so long and they were really kind to each other. They were really good to me too so I still have respect for them but one thing I noticed was that they gave a lot of things to my ex-girlfriend.

They gave her a car, they didn't mind that she quit her job and that she changed courses halfway through university. Their style of parenting different from mine where I had to go out and earn my own living but that's their own way of raising their child I suppose. On the other hand, the way my parents brought me up was why I had a lot of savings and graduated from University at the age of 20, I'm currently pursuing my Masters.

To end the story and keep this from getting any longer. I finally settled and found a great apartment and I was just about to start looking for a job when she came over one day and said it was over. She even bought me some hungry jacks, a chicken burger with fries and a sprite and then after we ate she broke up with me oh and she was also playing some card game on her phone when she broke up with me I kid you not. I was alone and devastated. That very night I did something to myself and ended up in the hospital and the very next day I discharged myself I sold everything I had, moved out of my apartment and book the first flight home to Singapore. Her mother wouldn't allow me to see at all before I left so that's the end it. I was sobbing uncontrollably at the airport in Perth and people were trying to figure out what was wrong.

tldr: In many ways I admit I probably did things too quickly, I made mistakes here and there but I tried. I tried to be a kind, loving person and I loved sincerely so I wondered often where I went wrong. I doubt I can ever forget an experience like this but I'm doing my best day by day, thank you for reading this. I'd appreciate if someone can talk to me too because I really need advice and help.



Submitted April 04, 2019 at 07:35AM by zaidrudyyy http://bit.ly/2OQPiuF
My Ex (21F) dumped me right after I (21M) moved to her country to be with her. What do I do from here? My Ex (21F) dumped me right after I (21M) moved to her country to be with her. What do I do from here? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 05, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.