Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [26f] husband [30m] lost his job and is implodig in front of me. I want my husband back but I don’t know what to do.

First time poster, wish it was under better circumstances.

My husband and I (together six years) used to struggle alot. We were living laycheck to paycheck and it seemed like every time we started getting ahead, some new crisis came up and we’d be back in the hole.

A little over a year ago things improved when he got a better job. We had money to stuff into savings, we could afford a better apartment to live in, and things were looking up.

Until now. The business has been declining over the last several months, and they started laying people off. My husband was okay for a little while, but he finally got informed he was losing his job about a month ago. He’s been out of work for about three weeks.

Getting laid off......I don’t want to call him “broken”, but that’s what it seems like. He’s applying for jobs but it’s been slow so far. Other than applying, he mostly just lays on the couch and nurses beers all day.

My husband has always been a happy, sweet guy. But now, he barely talks. He barely even notices me. He’ll say goodbye and give me a kiss as I head out to work, and that is about the most we talk day-to-day. I come home nine hours later and he is still exactly where I left him.

When he does talk, it’s so negative. I’ll try and recommend places he can apply and he’ll respond something like “I wasn’t good enough for [place he got laid off from] why would I be good enough for [place I recommend].”

I was hoping it was just a phase that would blow over until yesterday. I don’t even remember how we started talking about it, but he said something like he wouldn’t blame me if I moved back home. Like, he wouldn’t blame me for leaving him.

I guess that just hit a nerve because I lost my temper a bit with him and kind of shouted that I’m not going to leave my husband, and that I know my husband is better than this. He didn’t really say anything to that. I feel bad for raising my voice at him, but I wasn’t kidding when I said I know he is a better man than laying on the couch sipping beer all day. I need him to remember that too.

I feel so sad looking at him these days. He’s not himself, and it hurts my heart that he is behaving this way. We’re both stressed out with the situation, and I need my husband to tell me its going to be okay.

I don’t know what to do. He doesn’t engage when I try to talk to him. He barely pays attention. He doesn’t seem to be eating much other than pecking at junk food during the day.

My husband is sweet, and kind, and motivated and hard working. Whatever he is right now......it’s not him.

How do I get my husband back? I need him right now :(.

TL;DR: Husband got laid off. He just lays on the couch now drinking beer. He doesn’t talk, doesn’t really notice me at all. I don’t know how to wake him up. It’s breaking my heart.



Submitted July 27, 2018 at 06:22PM by AutomaticOutcome https://ift.tt/2K3nuzk
My [26f] husband [30m] lost his job and is implodig in front of me. I want my husband back but I don’t know what to do. My [26f] husband [30m] lost his job and is implodig in front of me. I want my husband back but I don’t know what to do. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 28, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.