Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [18m] girlfriend [18f] has become infatuated with a co-worker [20m] and even has pictures of him on her phone. I'm worried and insecure.

*repose bc title formatting was wrong

So I've been dating my girlfriend for almost two years and we have a great relationship with good communication. Before we started dating, we had been best friends for five years (still are) so I know her very very well.

In June, she started an internship at a biotech company. There, she met "Brian", a guy who goes to Harvard. Apparently, he and my girlfriend are deskmates so they sit right next to each other the entire day. Lately, my girlfriend seems to have become increasingly obsessed (idk if this is the right word) with Brian. She will often gush to me about how smart, talented, and kind he is and how he is basically just all-around perfect. For example, she'll say, "Dude Brian is so fucking perfect. Why can't there be more than one of him? The world needs more Brians." One time, she was searching for a picture on her phone to show me and I glimpsed three photos of Brian. Just yesterday, I was walked in on her stalking his facebook page. However, she'll also often say things like, "I wish Brian was my brother. A person like him is what I needed while growing up. (She's the only child)."

She isn't hiding any of this from me. In fact, I think I'm the main person she talks to about him. Despite having a chill relationship where we can talk about literally everything, this has never happened. I'm not the jealous type at all but it kind of bugs me I guess. It's probably because the dude is like a huge step up from me (I later stalked his LinkedIn and damn...) and I feel a bit insecure. I guess them working so close to each other doesn't help either. But my gf does tend to have a pretty obsessive personality and when she looks up to someone, she'll often become really infatuated by them.

I don't know. Am I overreacting? Is this even something I should worry about? Should I confront her? Need a second opinion on this.

Thanks.

TL;DR: My girlfriend's co-worker is a "perfect" Harvard student. She's become pretty infatuated and obsessed with him. She'll gush to me about how smart, talented, and kind he is. She also has like three pics of him saved in her phone and I saw her stalking his facebook page. But, she does have an obsessive personality and some of the things she says just points towards her really looking up to him. I feel a bit insecure and uncomfortable about this. Am I overreacting and should I even worry about it?

UPDATE: So my girlfriend came over to hang out this afternoon and I was going to bring up how I felt and tell her (like some of you guys suggested) that her slight infatuation with Brian was making me a bit insecure about myself. We were chilling on my bed and we were talking but she was constantly getting texts form one of her best friends, ""Sydney". She texts her back something and then shows me a gallery of photos of Brian saved on her phone and asks me which is the best picture of him.

The gears are turning in my head but I'm still a bit slow to realize so I just say, "What?". And she explains to me that she's been trying to set Sydney up with Brian for the past week and has been taking pics of Brian at work ("even though he's very photo shy") and screenshotting pics on his facebook to send her. According to her, they're both really interested in each other. I'm just like "Oh." and pick a photo for her. She then gushes to me about how perfect they are together and how their personalities just mesh and I'm like "yea yea" still shocked as fuck. Like it all makes sense now. I feel like a fucking idiot.

Then she crawls over to me and rests her head on my chest and snuggles close to me. She fell asleep about twenty minutes ago and still is as I'm typing this update. I love her.

Thank you guys for all the responses and advice even though more than half told me to dump her lmao. I won't be doing that.



Submitted July 28, 2018 at 10:04AM by yoyothrowaway35 https://ift.tt/2NOugez
My [18m] girlfriend [18f] has become infatuated with a co-worker [20m] and even has pictures of him on her phone. I'm worried and insecure. My [18m] girlfriend [18f] has become infatuated with a co-worker [20m] and even has pictures of him on her phone. I'm worried and insecure. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 28, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.