Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How can I (27M) help my fiancee (25F) with her loneliness?

My fiancee and I met in college, so about 6 years ago. We own a home in a suburb that we've lived in for the past couple of years. We moved about 6 months before the pandemic began. My wife has been struggling with loneliness for a long time, basically since she left college. In our old city she managed to make some friends and find some regular activities, but in our sleepier area and with the pandemic, she has no in person connections. She tried out apps like meetup, nextdoor, and bumble to make friends prior to the pandemic but had little success. And now things are much worse especially since outdoor activities aren't really an option right now. She talks to her old friends on zoom once a week for an hour, but that's about it.

For what it's worth, I'm very introverted and have never felt much of a need for friends. I have a high school buddy I play video games with online every week, that's about it. But my fiancee is deeply, deeply lonely. I spend as much time with her as I can, but I know she is craving other connections. I walked in on her watching a romcom and crying, I asked her if the movie was sad and she told me no, she was crying because the woman in the movie has a group of close female friends and she has never had that in her life. She knows it's a movie but there is a deep want for companionship that likely won't be able to be fulfilled for quite some time.

Are there ways I can support her in this time? We do go on dates and spend time together, but wondering if there's anything I can do apart from that.

tl;dr fiancee is very lonely and i want to help



Submitted December 02, 2021 at 07:37PM by Primary_Education_51 https://ift.tt/2ZOnmBA
How can I (27M) help my fiancee (25F) with her loneliness? How can I (27M) help my fiancee (25F) with her loneliness? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 03, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.