Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Boyfriend (29m) of two years with me (23f) has intrusive thoughts about how breaking up with his ex was a mistake, is this normal?

Do you still think about what might have been with "the one," who made you feel things that no other person has, including the person you are currently with? Do you regret your actions that may have caused the breakup?

I overheard my boyfriend of two years (not good of me to eavesdrop, I know I'm in the wrong too) admitting to his friend that he still had feelings for and was not over his ex/ he felt like he made a huge mistake with the way he acted (edit: that caused their breakup), but when confronted acted adamant to the point of getting angry that it was just an intrusive thought...that he was just in an emotional moment and got caught up in it...I don't know if I'm over-reacting, but I'm crushed. His ex was a model and they were only together for six months or so. I feel betrayed less by the act and more so because I don't think about my exes or even google them, because I am the type of person to be totally in love and focused on the present relationship with whoever I'm with.

Am I overreacting? I met him six months after they broke up. During our first year together he talked about this ex all the time due to some unfinished bureaucratic stuff he was forced to take care of involving that relationship. I know that he has never felt the same about anyone else. It hurt but I figured he would get over it once that ordeal was over after a year where it hasn't been a surface issue...now I just keep feeling sad about the recent events, wanting someone who wants me as much as I want them. But love can't be measured so that's dumb, right? I don't want to be the thought police either, he's allowed to THINK whatever he wants, and I shouldn't have overheard that conversation...

Curious to hear experiences/thoughts about this

tl;dr: Overheard bf expressing an intrusive thought that he made a huge mistake giving up on his ex. I am crushed but not sure if overreacting



Submitted December 10, 2021 at 01:19PM by Throw_me_away12399 https://ift.tt/3DLQFCS
Boyfriend (29m) of two years with me (23f) has intrusive thoughts about how breaking up with his ex was a mistake, is this normal? Boyfriend (29m) of two years with me (23f) has intrusive thoughts about how breaking up with his ex was a mistake, is this normal? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 11, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.