Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My 27-year-old friend is dating a teenager and can't see why I'm uncomfortable with that.

Tl;Dr: My friend "A" (27m) is dating an 18-year-old boy ("O") and can't see why anyone is uncomfortable about that. It's making me reconsider the friendship.

This started recently and I'm still shocked. A's previous relationships have all been much more age appropriate so he doesn't have a pattern of pursuing much younger men. On top of that, O is one of our friend's little brother so a lot of us already knew him fairly well. The idea that A can clearly view him in a sexual way is incredibly disturbing. There are some 18-year-olds who could be mistaken for being in their 20s. O is not one of them. He looks and acts like a child.

A's stance is that O is legally an adult therefore there's no problem. My view is that just because he isn't committing a crime doesn't automatically mean what he's doing is morally acceptable or harmless. He said that he's felt this way about O "for years" and genuinely doesn't seem to realise how disgusting that is.

I don't think this is something I can get past. I spent one evening with A and O together and it felt utterly wrong, I felt physically sick. A thinks I should be happy for him and says I'm being judgemental, which I suppose I am. Is it unreasonable that I'm thinking of ending the friendship over this? I'm also concerned about O, given that he's legally a consenting adult is there anything I can even do to protect him?

Thanks



Submitted November 28, 2021 at 09:14AM by ThrowRA_72336 https://ift.tt/3o8u0MF
My 27-year-old friend is dating a teenager and can't see why I'm uncomfortable with that. My 27-year-old friend is dating a teenager and can't see why I'm uncomfortable with that. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 28, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.