Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [42F] wife [38F] is addicted to microtransactions

So tonight for the 4th month in a row I got a low balance alert from my bank. I checked the accounts and once again after promising to not do it or to only spend a budget my wife has blown close to $3000 this month. Past months have been 2-4000. This month after a long talk we agreed she could have 400 a month to keep playing because we moved to a new state and I know she’s lonely and has friends.

She plays a mobile cooking game where you run a restaurant and you only get so much in game currency over time, and special currency only if you buy it. It’s basically a micro transaction game designed to hook addicts.

She blames me. Gets furious and screams when I ask to talk about it. I know it’s depression and addiction but nothing I have done is getting through to her, and I’m so exaughsted from constantly having to worry about money when we could be saving of spending it on vacations for both of us etc.

I’ve offered to buy her any gaming system she wants, she has a nice laptop for her to play sims etc. tried to get her on the switch cause it has some similar style games with no micro transactions but this one fucking game is causing so much stress and I’m scared it’s going to break us apart.

I don’t even know if this is the right place to post this but I need help and I feel really alone right now and like if I cut her off I’m the bad guy.

She has no job and no income, I pay for everything but I have a disorder that makes paying bills and such really hard to maintain so she has always handled that.

P.s. I have zero problems with her spending money on things for fun. But what she’s doing is really out of control.

TL;DR My wife spends 2000 to 4000 a month on micro transactions for one mobile game. She’s promised to stop or to use a budget and nothing has worked.

I am the only one working and bringing in income and she usually handles our finances. New city so she’s depressed and lonely but this has to stop. Help.



Submitted November 27, 2021 at 12:03AM by Cephy314 https://ift.tt/3E0FzL4
My [42F] wife [38F] is addicted to microtransactions My [42F] wife [38F] is addicted to microtransactions Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.