Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (F27) heard my mother (F46) making breakfast for step siblings and lost it

Title doesn't make any sense I suppose, sorry. For the context my mother recently married someone new, he has 2 children (M14) and (M17) I'm not very close with him or his children but they seemed like good people so I don't have any negative feelings towards any of them.

TL:DR My mother never prepared food for me since I was 10 and after hearing she wake up at 7 am to make breakfast for his new husband's children I feel horrible. How can I stop feeling like I was worthless because she didn't do this for me.

Couple days ago I had to call my mom early in the morning (07:00 AM), she said she was preparing breakfast and I don't know what came over my but I just snapped and hang up the phone.

Here is the problem, my mother since I was 10, never wake up from her sleep this early to make breakfast for me or prepare my school lunch. I constantly ate toast both in breakfast and lunch because I didn't know anything to do, whenever I told her to do something for me she just shut down with "my mother never made me food so you should get used to this too." I have an open wound about this.

I know this is stupid, I'm almost 30 and shouldn't be fixated on something ridiculous as this but I don't know why this hurts me. I can't stop feeling worthless over this. I'm both angry at myself for acting like this and my mom because I'm unintentionally blaming her my feelings.

What should my thought process be so I can get over this feelings?



Submitted November 30, 2021 at 04:35AM by throway_t https://ift.tt/3d1Fon9
I (F27) heard my mother (F46) making breakfast for step siblings and lost it I (F27) heard my mother (F46) making breakfast for step siblings and lost it Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.