Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Husband (26M) changed his mind about my (24F) schooling.

Throwaway because I’m just looking for some advice without being recognized.

My husband (26M) with me (24F), married 5 years.

I finally got accepted to a graduate program, think medical professional so it’s extremely difficult to get into and don’t always have the luck of getting in somewhere you want.

I kept my husband in the loop the entire process, when I made the list of schools I was applying to and before I applied, I reviewed it with him and made sure he was okay with all of them. When I applied, I reconfirmed he was okay with it. Same thing when I got interviews and subsequently got accepted, I checked with him every single time.

I was accepted to a few programs. One 2.5 hours away, one 5 hours away, and then one developing program that would be done online. The online one hadn’t received accreditation yet but I was hopeful they’d get it. Well I just got news that they had to push their accreditation back which leaves me with my back up option of going to the school 2.5 hours away.

When I found this out, I was horribly upset and cried all night. I told him how upset I was and he insisted that everything was going to be fine, that I was overreacting and we’d figure this out. The plan was I’d get a cheap apartment and drive home on the weekends.

Cut to today, he tells me he’s not okay with it and that if I go, I should “cut him loose”. He says he can’t handle it and he shouldn’t have to because he’s not the one “deciding to leave”. I reminded him that I’d asked if he was okay every step of the way and told him that I wouldn’t be going this far away if I had a choice. But this is my future career, it’s either I go to school or I’m stuck making minimums and working my ass off for the rest of my life. It’s only a 2 year program. He said it’s not fair to him and he doesn’t want me going.

Please help. Any advice is welcome.

tl;dr husband changed his mind last minute about me going to school and says if I go we should just get divorced.



Submitted November 26, 2021 at 07:22PM by No-Anything6993 https://ift.tt/2ZrFrFp
Husband (26M) changed his mind about my (24F) schooling. Husband (26M) changed his mind about my (24F) schooling. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.