Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Would it be inappropriate to give back sentimental jewelry to my soon-to-be MIL (60F)?

My fiance (29M) and I (27F) have been together for almost 8 years. Maybe 6 or 7 years ago, his mom gifted me a set of freshwater pearl bracelets that she said were passed down from her grandmother (i.e., my fiance's great grandmother). It was a very nice gesture and I appreciated the thought. That being said, I have literally never worn them. I'm pretty particular about my jewelry, accessories, and clothes (I think she's since realized this over the years!), and they are not bracelets I'd typically wear. Technically, they are slightly big on me as well if I had to nitpick.

My STB MIL is nice and polite, but she definitely has opinions about most things and will just not express them. For example, she could be talking to her family about an acquaintance from her church and might say, "I thought that was a bit rude." In other words, I never know what she's really thinking.

Since I've never worn the bracelets and they presumably hold some sentimental value, I've felt bad about hanging onto them and would like to give them back to her - maybe she could pass it down to my fiance's little sister instead (though I've suspected she didn't want them, hence why they were gifted to me). Would returning the jewelry be considered rude? Is there a tactful way to go about this?

Tl;dr: I want to give back some sentimental jewelry to my fiance's mom, but don't want to offend her.



Submitted November 29, 2021 at 12:19PM by SinglePineapple3 https://ift.tt/31hKmtr
Would it be inappropriate to give back sentimental jewelry to my soon-to-be MIL (60F)? Would it be inappropriate to give back sentimental jewelry to my soon-to-be MIL (60F)? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.