Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I took a temp position from my past employer and didn't learn until later that the wage changed

Hello, I (27F) need help how to broach this subject with my employer.

I have a regular day job and last year I worked an additional 10 hours a week at a part time job. It is a small operation, I did it for almost the whole year but then wanted my time back to myself so I resigned a year ago. The job requires a very specific skillset and has a high turnover rate, so my pay was high at $20/hr.

A few months ago I was hurting for money and reached out to them to say if they ever needed some help, to contact me. They were happy to hear from me but had nothing at the time. Then like a week ago they said one of their workers is on a break for December and January and asked if I'd like to step in. I was really glad they asked because I could definitely use the money and I'm glad there's no big commitment long term.

Well I filled out all the paper work and just got my log in to my payroll portal today. All this time, I assumed my pay would still be $20/hr but on the payroll app it says $15...…

I am not sure how to go about this. I just went from making $800 a month in my head to $600. I want to bring this up but I want to keep my good relationship with them. I guess I'd still work the job at $15/hr, but I would love to bump that up. Or at least like ask why it's lower? Would that be appropriate? Any advice is appreciated. And FYI I know the job and I messed up in not confirming the pay before I signed on, but we're past that point, lessons learned.

TL;DR Used to work part time at $20 an hour for an employer. Now, a year later, they reached out about me working for them again, I said yes, but now I realize the pay is down to $15 an hour. What's the best way to broach this subject?

EDIT - Update: emailed my company and they admitted it was a mistake! Phew. Take this as a reminder to always advocate for yourself because no one else will!



Submitted November 30, 2021 at 05:14AM by peaf-the-gamecube https://ift.tt/319Grz4
I took a temp position from my past employer and didn't learn until later that the wage changed I took a temp position from my past employer and didn't learn until later that the wage changed Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 30, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.