Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

(M23) My boyfriend (M25) is in rehab and I'm considering leaving him.

I feel like an absolute monster for even writing something like that but it's true. My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years, we've lived together for 2 years. Very difficult 2 years.

My boyfriend is a veteran, he was medically discharged after a horrible accident. After he came back, his mental issues became a real struggle. He was diagnosed with CPTSD, a schizoaffective disorder and an eating disorder amongst other things. He had a suicide attempt before. I did everything I could to help him. I spent all my money on his therapy, meds, rehab, things that I thought would bring him joy. But I think he was in such a bad place that he turned to unhealthy coping mechanisms anyway. We're talking heroin. And alcohol. I sort of blame myself for it cause I had to leave him for a few months for work reasons. I shouldn't have.

But now I'm still considering leaving him for good. it's just too much for me. I'm helpless. And so fucking exhausted and scared. And broke. Soon I won't be much help to him anymore. But he's obviously in a place where he wouldn't handle a break up very well. I don't want to have his blood on my hands.

TL;DR My boyfriend is an addict and a person with severe mental health problems, I love him but I'm at my limit and I want to separate myself from him without making him too miserable.



Submitted November 29, 2021 at 02:43AM by shaerraweddpalace https://ift.tt/316n5KG
(M23) My boyfriend (M25) is in rehab and I'm considering leaving him. (M23) My boyfriend (M25) is in rehab and I'm considering leaving him. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on November 29, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.