Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (26f) feel like my new co-worker (20s m) is always stepping on my toes at work.

I just started my new job a month ago and I am loving it so far. After my training, I got put in an ongoing project where I can practice the skills I just learned. But this one co-worker (Brian) apparently talked to his director and recommended me to work on an upcoming project since I have experience with it. This dude didn't even give me a heads up about what's going to happen. So there I was, fresh out of training, then the next day I was informed I will be working overtime for a little more than a week to work on this new project. Days before Brian did that, he was venting to our other co-workers how he's not happy to be working on that new project so it gave me the impression that he recommended me just to get away from it. I felt like I was his scapegoat. I really loved the project I was working on before so it just really pissed me off that I didn't even get a lot of time to work on it some more and polish my skills.

Anyway, I let that pass and started working on the new project. I work a little slower than everyone else but consistently give output. I'm working on the new project along with Brian and everything has been smooth sailing so far. I told the project head to always tell me if I'm doing something wrong so I can improve it and he agreed to do so. Well, yesterday, I found out that all of the work that I did on a certain aspect of the project got replaced. Like all of it. Sure it was just editing photos on photoshop but that was still honest work. It's not like there's something wrong with it. So I asked my other co-worker if he was the one who replaced all of the photos and he said no. He told me that he wasn't even sure why they were replaced in the first place since he didn't find anything wrong with it.

So I asked our project head and he said that Brian changed all of them. I asked why he did that and if there's something wrong with my pictures, he said that there isn't really anything wrong but they just decided that Brian's are better. So I was like, nobody even told me about this? That I was working on something, spend my precious time on it, just for it to be replaced anyway? I am open to criticisms. If only they had said that I should take better images, I would have understood. The fact that they didn't even bother to tell me that my work was being replaced was what pissed me off. I have other tasks that need to be done and it's just so annoying to think that I've been doing a task that they were sure they're going to replace anyway. And it's not like my images were bad in the first place.

I know I am new but I told Brian and my project head that I didn't feel comfortable with the fact that they replaced my work without telling me. I'm not confrontational so telling them this took a lot of guts. I just felt like if I am not going to stand up for myself, Brian will just keep on stepping on my toes. But now I feel really bad about it. I tried to tell them how I felt as profesionally as possible. However, I am afraid they might take it the wrong way. I don't want to seem like a stuck up but I also don't wanna be a pushover. Did I do the right thing? Am I overreacting? Should I have just swept it under the rug?

TLDR: I feel like my co-worker always steps on my toes at work. He signed me up for a project without giving me a heads up and completely replaced some of the work I did on that new project without even telling me why. I feel like I should have been told about it so i don't have to waste time doing it anymore and it isn't like my work was super bad anyway? Am I overreacting? Should I have just left it alone?



Submitted July 31, 2021 at 05:17PM by itendtocomplainalot https://ift.tt/2WJo2Xd
I (26f) feel like my new co-worker (20s m) is always stepping on my toes at work. I (26f) feel like my new co-worker (20s m) is always stepping on my toes at work. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.