Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (22F) don't like who I am around my boyfriend (22M)

I feel like there are a couple things at play here. For context, my (22F) boyfriend (22M) and I have been living together for about 1.5 years now. We love each other and we get along really well, we never fight and usually talk out our issues maturely. Before moving in together I was very into being physically active and being highly productive. My boyfriend usually likes to play video games most of the day and isn't all that interested in being physically active, even when I prompt him to do it together. That's totally fine, but I've found that living together has made me unmotivated to be active and productive and I really dislike how it has taken a toll on my mental health - I've tried to make my own routine but it never sticks, I feel like I'm highly affected by my environment and who I'm around. Additionally, my boyfriend will often go days without showering, changing clothes, or brushing his teeth ... is it wrong for me to be unattracted to this? I understand we have different standards of hygiene and it's not like he's going outside or physically exerting himself to become "dirty" but I'm kind of anal retentive about hygiene. I don't want to change him or his lifestyle but I'm just kind of at a lost in terms of not liking the habits I have developed while living together. What should I do? Is there any reasonable compromise here? I'm hoping an outside opinion will help me understand if my feelings are rational or if I just need to just let us be individual people with our individual lifestyles.

TLDR; After living with my boyfriend for over a year, I've started to adopt his inactive and unproductive habits and consequently my mental health has declined. I'm also having trouble being attracted to him with his bad hygiene habits.



Submitted March 23, 2021 at 12:01PM by beartobewild https://ift.tt/3sjAtDV
I (22F) don't like who I am around my boyfriend (22M) I (22F) don't like who I am around my boyfriend (22M) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 23, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.