Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

GF [24F] of 1 year refuses to stay with me [28M] at my parents house while meeting them for the first time due to them wanting us to sleep in separate beds.

My GF and I met while travelling over a year ago, and we come from different countries. We are planning over the new year to visit both her family and then travel internationally to visit my family. I've been super pumped about introducing her to my family, showing her my family home and the town I grew up in. When I spoke to my mum on the phone about the idea she was thrilled but also reminded me about the rule of them wanting us to sleep in separate beds whilst unmarried. For me, this isn't such a big deal - I grew up super religious with them and already know how it all works, and they're actually super chill with everything else, they don't make comments about my relationships or life that are influenced by their religion.

When I told my GF, I could see she was frustrated by the idea, she said whatever and didn't mention it for a few days. Just now she's mentioned to me that it's been bothering her a lot. So much that she refuses to stay there if we have to abide by rules like that.

Normally, I'd figure out a plan B here to accomodate her concerns but there isn't a practical one I can think of and it's putting a damper on the idea of going to see my parents this way at all. We can't stay with friends as they've all moved away. There's no hotels nearby and even if we stayed in one, we don't have a car to get around. I'm not keen on flying all the way home just to stay in a hotel down the road and not even be able to see my family because I don't have a way to get there.

At this point I told her theres no point in visiting my family if we can't stay there, and she said its fine and maybe we could arrange to meet somewhere in between. For me, it just seems ridiculous, I thought she would be willing to make a sacrifice like that, because obviously it would mean a lot to me. It's not just visiting my family, I really want to show her the house I grew up in and the town as well.

Am I missing something here? It really hurts.

TL;DR: Basically the title. Girlfriend doesn't seem interested in meeting my family for the first time under one of their house rules, and can't seem to see how much that hurts me.



Submitted October 24, 2019 at 10:15PM by OmgU8MyRice https://ift.tt/2qMrqAJ
GF [24F] of 1 year refuses to stay with me [28M] at my parents house while meeting them for the first time due to them wanting us to sleep in separate beds. GF [24F] of 1 year refuses to stay with me [28M] at my parents house while meeting them for the first time due to them wanting us to sleep in separate beds. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 25, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.