Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I tell my (30M) friend I (29M) can't keep ordering food for him when he comes over to hang out?

I posted a while back and deleted it. My buddy just graduated from school after years of working at it and going thru health issues and academic probation. He finally graduated and we are all happy for him.

Recently, he's been hanging out with me more due to coming back to the area and I just moved to a new apartment. I usually want to hangout between 6pm to 9pm and get to sleep soon after.

He is still looking for job and has been doing DoorDash in the meantime. His brother partly supports him as he stays with them often.

The problem is whenever he comes over he expects that I order him food via DD or GH. It is always something above $10. I am not a "cheap" person nor do I hold it against anyone if they just need food. But, it is hitting my pocket book and health as the choices on DD vs. cooking at home aren't the best.

I also offered him food like the other day, I was cooking Beyond Burgers which were premium items at the store. He didn't know Beyond was meatless he was coming up with an excuse like "bro I only eat kosher meat". Which doesn't even make sense when it comes to Beyond.

One day, my parents gave me some food from home which is the same cuisine he eats. He didn't want any of that but would have been down if I ordered the same food on DD.

I am not asking him to pay me back or anything like that. It is just that he extends his invite from just hanging out and watching movies. He ends up keeping himself around to the point that I need to either order food or make food for myself and eat it. While I am making food, he will say something like "man your boy gotta starve tonight". Even if I want to get him something low cost like Taco Bell or Popeyes he's not down for that. If I say I am not gonna order on DD today, he will say "I'll venmo you or something bro" but never does. He will say something like "I owe you so much bro" when I do end up getting him something.

What can I do in this situation? Should I just ignore his needs or try to not even bring up food when he is around? I don't need money back but its cost me a good $100+ on just his 1/2 of DD orders.

TL;DR: Friend doesn't want to get his own food. Depends on me for food. Expects me to order and doesn't accept just eating what I got at home.



Submitted October 29, 2019 at 12:16PM by gdogg121 https://ift.tt/322ztq1
How do I tell my (30M) friend I (29M) can't keep ordering food for him when he comes over to hang out? How do I tell my (30M) friend I (29M) can't keep ordering food for him when he comes over to hang out? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.