Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Boyfriend's sister thinks I'm not good looking enough for my boyfriend. She has based this off my accurate social media pictures. Advice would be appreciated.

Edit: In response to a number of people asking why my boyfriend told me about Ashley's comments - he just told me he was upset and I could tell something was bothering him, but he didn't say what. I had to pry it out of him. He told me it would upset me, although I was adamant about wanting to know and he eventually told me.

Moreover, Ashley and I have managed to avoid one another because she asks my boyfriend where he and I are in the house whenever we are at his place. This allows her to either go into her own bedroom or go into the living room. I stopped trying to get to know her after the first couple of years because Ashley just didn't want to try and talk about anything with me or even approach me and prefers to keep to her own friends.


This is a throwaway account, as you can tell from the username. Me [25F], boyfriend [30M], boyfriend's sister (Ashley) [28F].

I have been dating my boyfriend for almost 3 years now. We met one another via some mutual friends and have been fairly inseparable since then. We come from fairly different religious and cultural backgrounds, which means that although our friends and family know of one another, neither of us have introduced our partners to our respective parents and probably will not do so until we either move in with one another or become engaged/married in the future. We are both content with this aspect of our relationship.

My boyfriend lives only with his sister, Ashley. I am currently living with my parents. I have yet to meet Ashley because she is apparently a little awkward and into herself and her own life (my boyfriend's words). Ashley is aware that we are in a relationship with one another, but has refused to meet with me. Ashley and I have both been in my boyfriend's house at the same time, but either I am in my boyfriend's room when Ashley wants to use the living room or the kitchen, or Ashley will be in her bedroom when my boyfriend and I are in the living room or the kitchen.

I put this down to anxiety on Ashley's part because I have been ready and willing to meet her, however she has not been as forthcoming. I have not minded this arrangement and thought that we would eventually meet, therefore it has not really been a big deal.

However, recently my boyfriend told me that Ashley had stalked my Facebook and Instagram accounts (neither of which are private) and she told my boyfriend that I am not "attractive enough" to go out with him and that he should stop seeing me. Admittedly Ashley is more attractive than I am, although her social skills leave a lot to be desired by the sounds of it.

My boyfriend has made it clear to both Ashley and myself that he does not care for her opinion and will continue to be in a relationship with me.

My question essentially relates to how I can navigate this. The situation does not make me feel any different for my boyfriend, although it makes me despise Ashley. I am not usually a hateful nor a negative person, but Ashley's comments have really upset me and it makes me question whether I would ever really want to know her at all. With this comes the problem of how I can potentially be in a long term relationship with my boyfriend and associate with his family (in this case Ashley) in the future.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TL;DR: Boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for almost 3 years. Boyfriend's sister (Ashley) thinks I am not attractive enough to date my boyfriend. Ashley has never met me and based her opinion of my looks from my Facebook and Instagram pictures, which are fairly accurate. What can I do about this?



Submitted October 29, 2019 at 08:34AM by ThrowRAobviously https://ift.tt/2Psb1eZ
Boyfriend's sister thinks I'm not good looking enough for my boyfriend. She has based this off my accurate social media pictures. Advice would be appreciated. Boyfriend's sister thinks I'm not good looking enough for my boyfriend. She has based this off my accurate social media pictures. Advice would be appreciated. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.