Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I [23F] thank my boyfriend [25M] for saving my life?

One of my hobbies that I really enjoy is paddleboarding...basically where you stand on a board and paddle along the water. There is a river near my home that I regularly go paddleboarding on. At the beginning of last year my boyfriend bought me a present...an expensive inflatable life jacket, which you basically wear and if you need it, you pull a cord and it inflates into a life jacket.

At first I actually laughed, I thought it was so silly...after all I have a cord that attaches me to the board...and the board is obviously a giant float. I told him it was thoughtful, but that he should return it because of how much money it cost him. He refused and made me promise to wear it when I went paddleboarding.

This last weekend I decided to go out one last time before the cold weather really sets in. It was a bit chilly so I was wearing regular clothes instead of my normal bathing suit. I don't know if it was the wind or recent rain, but after about 30 minutes I lost my footing (which never really happens) and went into the river. The cord attached to my foot flew off and although I tried to swim to it, the board was moving much too quickly in the current for me to get to.

Between the cold water, my clothing and the wind, I quickly started to struggle to stay afloat. I tried not to panic when I remembered the inflatable life jacket my boyfriend made me wear...I pulled the emergency cord and it quickly inflated into a life jacket and I was able to stay afloat without issue. It still took me nearly 30 minutes to slowly make my way back to shore.

Now I feel so bad for laughing at him last year...I know that I wouldn't be here right now had he not bought me that present and made me promise to wear it. I don't know how to thank him, I'm still so shaken up over it. Any ideas?

TL;DR: I love being on the water. Last year my boyfriend bought me a very expensive life jacket and made me promise to wear it. I laughed at first, but this past weekend it saved my life after a mishap on the water. How do I thank him for that?



Submitted October 28, 2019 at 10:00PM by confusedrelation23 https://ift.tt/2BStucz
How do I [23F] thank my boyfriend [25M] for saving my life? How do I [23F] thank my boyfriend [25M] for saving my life? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.