Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [25M] met an incredible girl [31F] and instantly hit it off. She's older than me and divorced, and I'm not sure should I even think about her anymore...

Hi all, obvious throwaway because a lot of people know my account.

I just spent a weekend in one of those hotel resorts with about 15 people as part of team building. This girl instantly struck me ever since I met her couple of years ago but we were never really friends or what not. She has a brother who is an awesome guy (closing to 40s) and we'v been close friends and colleagues for almost 4 years, so that's how I met her.

In any case, we got to our destination and me and her instantly started talking and sharing how we know each other and so on. We started hanging out, doing some outdoor activities together, and practically spent an entire weekend together. Yes, there were other people around, but we noticeably hang out most with each other.

What we like about each other and talked about are our ambitions in life and career-wise. She just started working in this industry I'm working in for 4 years, and she wants to prove herself and work her ass off as much as she can. I'm the same, as I want to succeed until I'm 30. We shared some private moments, mainly why and my ex split (since I've been 2 years with her) and what happened between her and her ex husband (it was a marriage she accepted without much thinking, fell in love, year later they were married and got a divorce after 2 years). We also talked about how we want to find someone who supports and understands us, respects our goals and doesn't undermine them (something which was a main reason for me splitting with my ex (she didn't support my career goals) and her divorcing her husband (he wanted her to be a housewife and she wanted a career)).

I won't bore you anymore with details, but all in all it was such a fun weekend spent in laughter, talking about private things... honestly if she was couple of years younger I would immediately ask her out right there and then. There were so many signals, like we have the same humor, listen to similar music, have aligned goals in life, there were physical touches, compliments and some light flirting etc.. And while she is 31, honestly she looks no where older than 26/27...

But you know, I never was really good at picking up the hints. I am not sure if she was just being nice to me, or if we really hit it off.

I will continue being friends with her, no doubt there, but I am not sure if I should continue pursuing an idea of a relationship. I don't know how to explain the situation I'm in, it's crazy that 6 years between us means so much.. has anyone been or heard of a similar situation? I honestly have no idea how to behave from now on...

**tl;dr:** I was on a teambuilding and spent an entire weekend hanging out with this girl. Our goals and likes are crazy aligned, and we really connected on an another level. We talked about private things, why she got divorced after 2 years and why I split up with my ex, and we practically spent a weekend together. If she was close to my age I would instantly ask her out but she's 6 years older than me and I am not sure if the handbook signals (physical touch, compliments, light flirting...) was just her being nice to me or it really means something. I've no idea how to behave around her from now on and not sure should I even think about an idea of us involved.



Submitted October 27, 2019 at 08:32AM by VariousTrust8 https://ift.tt/2p9oCgy
I [25M] met an incredible girl [31F] and instantly hit it off. She's older than me and divorced, and I'm not sure should I even think about her anymore... I [25M] met an incredible girl [31F] and instantly hit it off. She's older than me and divorced, and I'm not sure should I even think about her anymore... Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.