Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

(UPDATE) I wasn’t invited to my friend group’s annual trip for the first time in 8 years. I reached out to someone about it after getting advice here.

Hello! Here’s the original post

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/b7lug6/i_30f_wasnt_invited_to_a_yearly_trip_my_friends/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Some of you asked for an update, and I was given really solid advice so I figured I’d post.

I ended up texting with a friend, both of us reminiscing about good times. This conversation came up on it’s own and it felt reassuring to know that they wanted to reach out to me. I took this opportunity to tell them how I felt about the cabin trip that just happened and not being invited.

And you guys were right! The friend I was texting was surprised I didn’t know about it and felt sorry that I wasn’t able to attend, as they know how much I love everyone. They told me that I was missed and that I’m still a part of the group, and it wasn’t fair that I didn’t get the invite.

Apparently, another mutual friend who always attends wasn’t invited either. The person coordinating Was just being forgetful, which I do understand because they have a lot going on and the two of us who weren’t invited live further away from everyone.

Overall I’ve been reaching out a lot more this past week and feel more connected to everyone. A couple of us have even jokingly made a pact that we won’t ever exclude each other again.

I’m really glad I ended up texting someone. Thanks to everyone here who encouraged me to do so and to those who helped calm me down when I was feeling pretty bad.

TLDR;

I wasn’t invited to our annual trip for the first time in 8 years. It made me feel all sorts of bad so I resorted to reddit for advice on how to handle things. Turns out no one knew I wasn’t invited, and I was actually missed! The coordinator just forgot about me because i live far away.

Everything turned out better than expected :)



Submitted April 04, 2019 at 03:13PM by aw_butts https://ift.tt/2UhA1ch
(UPDATE) I wasn’t invited to my friend group’s annual trip for the first time in 8 years. I reached out to someone about it after getting advice here. (UPDATE) I wasn’t invited to my friend group’s annual trip for the first time in 8 years. I reached out to someone about it after getting advice here. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.