Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (f25) chose to let nonpregnant cousin (f25) over pregnant cousin (f27) to move in with me

So I (25) recently inherited a 4 bedroom house in a the suburbs not to far from the beach near LA. I own the house outright, so no mortgage or anything. I was very excited about the prospect of getting a little more independence, but at the same time I didn't really want to live alone yet. So, I started looking for a roommate. Being that I don't need to pay a mortgage I thought I could offer a really great deal and get my ideal roommate. Someone who had a similar lifestyle to me.

A few weeks ago my family found out that my cousin on my moms side, Lupe (27), is pregnant. The dad is not in the picture. She currently lives with her dad in a 2 bedroom apartment about a 45 minute drive from the town where my new house is, which also happens to be the town where her job is. So we (Lupe, her dad, and my other cousin, Maria (32) all went out to lunch a week or so later. The subject of my new house came up and Maria asked me if I was going to have a roommate. I said I was. The conversation then started getting steered towards how it would be so great for Lupe and the baby to live there. The town is safe, there's lots of parks, good school district, its so close to her work, the house has so much space, etc. I felt very put on the spot and just said I was waiting to hear from a few other people.

When I got home I thought about it some more and decided I definitely did not want to live with Lupe and a newborn. I'm still pretty young and want to be able to have fun without worrying that there's a baby in the house. I didn't want to have to turn one of my bedrooms into a nursery. I wanted a computer room and a room dedicated to my art projects, not a nursery. I didn't even want to baby proof the house at all. So, in a panic I started messaging all my best friends and family on my dads side to see if anyone wanted to move in with me for $600 a month (which is a pretty great deal around here).

The next day my cousin Alice (25) on my dads side says she would totally be up for it. I was so happy. We're the same age and spent so much time growing up with each other, Our hobbies and backgrounds are very similar, so, I said great.

When my moms side of the family found out they started hinting that I was playing favorites with my dads side of the family. Which is kind of true. I spent a lot more time with them then I ever did with my moms side of the family. Basically every holiday I spent with them. We went on trips together. In general I think I'm just more comfortable with them. Which does makes me feel like an asshole. Lupe asked before anyone else about moving in and it would definitely have made her life a lot easier if she lived with me, but I just didn't want to live with her.

So anyway it was suggested in the another sub that I find some way to make things up to my pregnant cousin. Any ideas?

TD:LR I (f25) chose to let nonpregnant cousin (f25) over pregnant cousin (f27) to move in with me at my house at a reduced price because I want to have fun/not live with a baby; even though it would really help out pregnant cousin.



Submitted April 02, 2019 at 03:23PM by alienknight https://ift.tt/2CSutKD
I (f25) chose to let nonpregnant cousin (f25) over pregnant cousin (f27) to move in with me I (f25) chose to let nonpregnant cousin (f25) over pregnant cousin (f27) to move in with me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 02, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.