Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (25F) keep comparing my 'situation' with the guy I'm dating (26M) to the relationship he had with his ex

I've been seeing an amazing guy since mid December. We both had been in intense relationships that ended in the summer (we met in August and the timing wasn't right then to start dating).

Anyway, long story short I've fallen in love with him. We are dating but haven't put a label on anything (this is new to me, I've always had long term relationships which were made official pretty quickly and maybe this contributes to me feeling uncertain about things). We both said we're not looking for anything super serious (as in neither of us would want to think about living together or getting married etc for a long time, were both in a stage in life where we are happy doing our own thing and going out having fun). But we also both want to only spend time with eachother so we are exclusively dating.

We've had talks about our exes before and he told me that with the ex before me they dated for a few months and then he told her he loved her and she asked if he wanted to make things official. I know they met on New year's (2018) and we're a couple by the beginning of March. I also know that I can't compare what we have to his past relationships but it's really upsetting me that we've been seeing eachother for nearly 4 months and he hasn't said he loves me. It makes me think his ex must have been a way better person or something. I know it's stupid.

Part of me thinks maybe he does but as we've both expressed, we're afraid of getting hurt. He's told me (when drunk) that he feels I'm way out of his League and he's worried someday I'll realise that and not want to keep spending time with him. So part of me thinks maybe he doesnt want to jump in and tell me how he feels because he doesn't want to be vulnerable and get hurt. I really don't know but it's driving me insane and I feel like I'm in limbo. I want us to be together properly but I'm so scared to tell him exactly how I feel and that I love him because I'm really afraid of getting hurt or rejected.

He came over mine last night (we only saw eachother once a week but I've just moved to a new place which is closer to him so we might see eachother more now) and he's just left to go shopping with his friend and I feel really low now he's gone because I just want to know how he feels about me. I know I should probably ask him but I don't know how to bring it up.

Any advice please? Especially on how to let go of the ex thing because I keep comparing myself to their situation.

Tl;Dr: im in love with the guy I've been dating for almost 4 months but I don't know if he feels the same



Submitted April 04, 2019 at 08:40AM by madeathrowaway21 http://bit.ly/2VslV4s
I (25F) keep comparing my 'situation' with the guy I'm dating (26M) to the relationship he had with his ex I (25F) keep comparing my 'situation' with the guy I'm dating (26M) to the relationship he had with his ex Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 05, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.