Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Parental issues. I'm a newly wed

So to keep this as short as possible I will try to type a TL;DR. I'm 27 and in the military, married my now wife a year ago after dating for 3 years. My parents have been nothing but fake and generally mean to my wife. I had a great relationship with my parents my whole life (or at least it seemed so). I spoke with a psychologist and she thinks that my mom views me as a boyfriend and sees my wife as competition. Some Freudian shit right there. My parent's personalities have led to legal issues regarding money and I had to hire a lawyer just to get some money that should have been mine to begin with. They are still treating me as a child and I think they believe I still am.

Backstory, my sister died when I was 12 and she was 7. So maybe since I'm the last child she is more attached to me.

I would love advice on how to make this better for a happier relationship with all parties involved. My wife really dislikes my parents and I don't blame her because I'm truly so mad at my parents for not accepting my wishes. My wife has done nothing but try to have a relationship with them, but my parents always complain about me not spending time with them. But I'm married, so of course I can't visit them all the time. I just want everyone to be happy but I don't see that happening. We have had a sitdown with everyone and tried to hash things out, but I felt like I was in an insane asylum. My words were not being comprehended by my parents and they were completely misinterpreting everything I said. It was incredibly unproductive and annoying.

If more info is needed I would be happy to offer some. Sorry for the craziness of my story's timeline.

Thanks for reading and I really do appreciate any advice.



Submitted January 31, 2019 at 06:29AM by Padlock7 http://bit.ly/2Ws1ghX
Parental issues. I'm a newly wed Parental issues. I'm a newly wed Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.