Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (26M) GF (26F) of 3 years wants an open relationship

Hello reddit, I just created an account and this is my very first post, so please be gentle. I just have no idea where to go with this, so I figured I might as well crowd-source.

A little background first. The GF and I have been dating for 3 years, we met a couple months after graduating college. Since then, we've helped each other carve out a humble existence for ourselves. We live about 10 mins away from each other, have decent jobs and social lives. Honestly, I'm proud of how far we've come.

Now recently, things have not been super great. I think there are some underlying issues that are coming to a head. I'm confident we could take these on together, so I will not elaborate on them. The one that need help with just got dropped on me.

One of my best friends (25M) just ended things with his GF (25F) of 6 years. Both are very close to the 2 of us, and it was quite the bombshell for our social group. One that we are still trying to make sense of.

This of course caused the shock wave that I'm dealing with currently. According to my GF she has wanted to bring this up for a long time, and this breakup among our friends was the catalyst.

Basically, she wants to try an open relationship. In her words, she doesn't want to lose me, but she wants more and doesn't want to end up years down the line regretting anything or being unsatisfied because she was too afraid of hurting me to talk about it.

Obviously she wants to take things very slowly in this regard; There is a lot of research, setting of ground rules and trial runs ahead if this end up happening. She doesn't want me uncomfortable and bottling things up because, according to her, that is what she has been doing for a long time.

I won't lie, this scares me reddit. No matter how rationally I try to approach it, I just...can't wrap my head around it. Honestly, if we did go through with it, I would never be able to "get with" anyone else. I'm just not wired that way. And knowing she had these desires for a long time, desires that I somehow was clueless too, hurts. It hurts like Hell.

I told her I need to think about things (which I obviously do) and we could talk about this on the weekend. She understood.

TL;DR - I don't want to lose my partner, but I don't think I can go through with an open relationship. How do I even begin to tell her?



Submitted February 26, 2019 at 10:18PM by MooT7418 https://ift.tt/2Ha9V34
My (26M) GF (26F) of 3 years wants an open relationship My (26M) GF (26F) of 3 years wants an open relationship Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.