Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I[21M] feel more like my girlfriend's[21F] caretaker than her SO

FYI, we're both in college and live on campus.

Our morning routine consists of me getting up, showering, and going back to our room to find her still laying there. She's usually awake, just looking at her phone. As soon as I enter the room, she asks me to do all these things for her to help her get ready for the day (i.e. getting her a glass of water, feeding our bunny, making her coffee, putting one of her Netflix shows on, etc). So when I'm putting gel in my hair or putting clothes on she expects me to juggle her responsibilities as well. It's very stressful to repeatedly drop what I'm doing at a given moment to cater to her while she's scrolling through Instagram.

This happens throughout the day as well, one time she wanted me to walk her back from a friends house at night when I was already in my pj's. This seems completely reasonable considering she's an attractive woman on a college campus, but this friends house is actually no further than 20 yards from ours in a well-lit and safe area. I can watch her entire 10 second walk from my window. I ended up not walking her and that started an argument when she arrived.

Individually, these things aren't that big of a deal but this happens every day and I'm starting to feel more like her caretaker than her SO. She's fully capable of getting herself up in the morning and it would help me out since I have many things to do before I can leave class. I guess I just want her to take those matters into her own hands instead of relying on me to do them.

Anyways, it's been stressing me out over time and this morning I finally brought it up which caused her to storm out of the house. Am I in the wrong for this? Where do I go from here?

TL;DR - My GF asks me to do many things for her that I believe she should be doing herself



Submitted February 27, 2019 at 08:44AM by kelpygreen https://ift.tt/2NyMWQv
I[21M] feel more like my girlfriend's[21F] caretaker than her SO I[21M] feel more like my girlfriend's[21F] caretaker than her SO Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.