Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I(32F) can't listen to my mum(62F) make remarks about my dad, her ex, anymore

They have been divorced for 20 years and both are remarried. Throughout the divorce my dad said nothing derogatory about my mum. My mum did the exact opposite throughout the entire divorce. Now granted my dad did cheat on my mum and leave her for his mistress who is now his wife of 15±years. It was a horrible divorce that went on for five years. I've been through a lot of therapy in order to move through it all. I decided to forgive both my parents and move on in life. This is what worked for me.

It's been 20 years and my mum still has snide remarks and will say things like, "I don't care about what happens to him" and brings him up at least once a day when I'm around. This happens around my friends and family friends too and it makes me really uncomfortable and sad. I just want her to shut up about my dad, no more snide remarks, no more bringing him up.

I only see her once a year or so since we live in different countries. When she is bringing him up all the time it just stresses me out and ruins my time with her.

I've tried talking to her but I just feel like I'm not truly being listened to since it continues to happen. How can I broach the subject again? Is there anything I can do in order to stop her when she starts?

Tldr: Mum won't listen to my asking that she stops making remarks about my dad whom she hates.



Submitted February 28, 2019 at 03:53AM by PoodleProblems https://ift.tt/2Vueb1z
I(32F) can't listen to my mum(62F) make remarks about my dad, her ex, anymore I(32F) can't listen to my mum(62F) make remarks about my dad, her ex, anymore Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.