Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My wife [24f] wanted a ridiculously overpriced SUV. I [28m] got it for her but she keeps damaging it and costing more money, and it's causing fights.

Okay, so I love my wife dearly. She's a great girl and I'm happy to be with her (together four years and married 9 mos., BTW).

At the time we got married, she was driving an old beater that tended to leave her stranded alot. I wanted to get her something better and was in a good financial spot, so I asked her to pick out a vehicle she really wants and I'd get it for her.

She immediately told me she wanted the (absolutely atrocious, imo) Cadillac Escalade. Her dad drove one and she has apparently wanted one of those things since she was a teenager, for some reason I don't understand.

At any rate, I work in an automotive-related industry and made some calls. I found a friend who had a recent year Escalade and understandably wanted rid of it, and was willing to sell it to me for a reduced (but still fucking expensive) price.

I told Alex (my wife) I'd get it for her if that is really what she wants, but beyond that I would not work on it, drive it, or ride in it if it could be helped. She agreed, and I bought the stupid thing.

Since then she has managed to scrape the paint on various things multiple times. She has backed into stationary objects four times, necessitating light replacements and expensive body work. She burned out the parking brake by forgetting to take it off and heading out on the highway twice. The first time she literally had to call me and tell me her SUV wasn't accelerating well, and it took me asking if the parking brake was off before she even noticed.

Each time, I have either fixed it myself or paid good money to get it fixed, because she really does love that SUV and I do want her to be happy.

But the last straw was today when she came home and immediately began acting very lovey and touchy, which I've come to associate with her needing something done on that vehicle.

This time she curb checked it and it needs new rims. I was kind of at my Whit's end and told her I am ready to sell that thing as soon as possible because I'm sick of wasting money on it. This caused a mild fight as she doesn't want the suv she loves so much getting sold and she has been acting pouty about it since then.

Now what? I can't keep dropping money on the damned Escalade, I also don't want to rip away one of my wife's prize possessions (though I don't for the life of my understand why someone would prize that thing). Help me out a bit?

And I do want to say, I feel like my wife comes across as maybe bratty and materialistic in this post, but other than her terrible taste in vehicles, she really is a great wife and is very kind and thoughtful, we're just really having a disagreement about the stupid Escalade.

TL;DR:Wife wanted an Escalade for some reason. Got her an Escalade, for some reason. She keeps damaging it and costing money. I want to sell it, she wants to keep it (and keep fixing it), what to do?



Submitted February 28, 2019 at 04:59PM by AgilePalpitation https://ift.tt/2Xstk5a
My wife [24f] wanted a ridiculously overpriced SUV. I [28m] got it for her but she keeps damaging it and costing more money, and it's causing fights. My wife [24f] wanted a ridiculously overpriced SUV. I [28m] got it for her but she keeps damaging it and costing more money, and it's causing fights. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 28, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.