Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [24F] got asked on a date by a customer [late 40sM] and said yes in the moment- forgetting about my professionalism. Now I need to turn him down, how?

Ohhh man, what have I gotten myself into??

I was at work today and had to write an estimate for this older guy’s truck. We went over the damage, I gave him his paperwork after 10 minutes of talking about the truck- and he then took the next 20 minutes talking about me. I’m a flirt naturally, so I didn’t shut it down as it started. Instead, it escalated to the point of him asking me out to dinner on Thursday and I gave him my personal number.

My god, if I had met this man anywhere else but work... this just wouldn’t be an issue. Anyway, I said yes in the moment only to take all the time since then to have the whole professionalism thing dawn on me. Damn, I jumped the gun.

Since thinking about it, I can only imagine the kind of things that could come from this situation generally- him expecting certain things during his repair, calling my manager/the owner if there’s any slip up, spreading the word to literally anyone that the girl at the body shop put out... I can’t!

He’s texted me just now, so I have his number and the ball is in my court. I feel like I should tell him that no matter how handsome he is, I really can no longer accept because it just wouldn’t be professional. Even though, and I should have added this earlier, he said that we would go out “as friends” (I know it wouldn’t end there) and that would probably be his argument if I tried to turn him down now. Idk, any other world, I’d be all for it.

How should I handle this now? Am I being too paranoid? Can I just insist he repair his vehicle elsewhere? Lol

Additional info about me: I’m not dating for a relationship. I’m currently dating to date and make friends or friends w/ b’s ya know. So it’s not like it’s love, he’s just someone I’d totally be interested in within my “romantic” parameters. I don’t know his own personal deal.

TL;DR - A customer propositioned me for a date while I was at work. Spur of the moment, I said yes and gave him my number. After some thought, I feel like I have to retract, but I don’t know how.



Submitted February 26, 2019 at 06:19PM by y0ung_warth0g https://ift.tt/2BTqFbq
I [24F] got asked on a date by a customer [late 40sM] and said yes in the moment- forgetting about my professionalism. Now I need to turn him down, how? I [24F] got asked on a date by a customer [late 40sM] and said yes in the moment- forgetting about my professionalism. Now I need to turn him down, how? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.