Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

After knowing someone for a few months, romantically and otherwise, I (21f) get this sudden thought that I don't know them at all and impulsively want to abandon ship. What gives, and how do I address it?

I grew up with very few close friends. It wasn't until I came to college 4 years ago that I managed to meet the best friends of my life, and am currently in a healthy and happy LDR for a few months now. However, I have this weird moment after I know someone for a few months, that I get anxious and pull away, somehow managing to convince myself that I know nothing about them.

This has happened countless times, with female friends and male friends alike, and is happening in my current relationship. My relationships get way better and I fall into pace really easily with my friends and partners after I get over this hurdle, but it's so exhausting. I want to run away so bad, for no reason! My best friends are amazing and my partner now is too. But I get into this phase for a few weeks and I have no earthly idea why.

It even happens with my family sometimes when I'm spending time with them, I take an outside perspective and wonder how much about their lives is unknown to me. Does anyone else go through this? How do you address it?

Tl;dr: I convince myself I know nothing about my friends and partners after a few months of knowing them, and get the instinct to pull away hard and fast. What is this and how do I address it?



Submitted February 27, 2019 at 11:20AM by starsarebrighternow https://ift.tt/2Xt5RB1
After knowing someone for a few months, romantically and otherwise, I (21f) get this sudden thought that I don't know them at all and impulsively want to abandon ship. What gives, and how do I address it? After knowing someone for a few months, romantically and otherwise, I (21f) get this sudden thought that I don't know them at all and impulsively want to abandon ship. What gives, and how do I address it? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.