Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [24/M] bought my dream car this past weekend and my girlfriend [21/F] won’t stop complaining about it, says that it is jeopardizing our relationship

Since I was 17 I’ve had a Corvette, but I have been looking for a larger car for awhile. Friday I was at the supermarket and in the lot I saw a beautiful 69 Lincoln Continental with a for sale sign on it. I called the number, got to look at the car right then and there, had my brother in law (mechanic) come out to look at it and bought it. I couldn’t be happier, this is my dream car. My girlfriend of 1 year was away for the weekend and when she came back Sunday night and saw it she freaked out, called it impractical and humiliating to which I responded that it’s practical for me and I’m proud of it. I thought she would cool off and she hasn’t

She’s in college and I’ve been driving her to class since her apartment and the university are on my way to work and she broke her leg in January and can’t drive. On Monday she told me to drop her off around the corner because she didn’t want to be seen getting out of this car, I told her that I’m not a chauffeur and that if she’s embarrassed of me she can get a taxi, and I dropped her off right in front of the college. She got an Uber on Tuesday and Wednesday and it’s all I’ve heard about, how I’m making her take a taxi to school because of my ridiculous car, and just now we were on the phone and she said that it’s not just my car, that my style and my music (I’m a guitarist in a band) is stuck in the past and is jeopardizing our relationship.

I love her, at least I think I love her, but I don’t know what to do. I am who I am and I like what I like, a car and my style is a stupid reason to end a relationship, but I want to be loved for who I am. That doesn’t me she has to like everything I like but having the car that I want doesn’t hurt anyone so I don’t understand why it should bother her. What do I do guys?

TL;DR: I got my dream car and my girlfriend is angry and says that it is jeopardizing our relationship.



Submitted February 27, 2019 at 01:37PM by has-many-queries https://ift.tt/2Sw9tOR
I [24/M] bought my dream car this past weekend and my girlfriend [21/F] won’t stop complaining about it, says that it is jeopardizing our relationship I [24/M] bought my dream car this past weekend and my girlfriend [21/F] won’t stop complaining about it, says that it is jeopardizing our relationship Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 27, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.